What travel agent doesn’t love landing a big group? Groups are great money-makers! Working with groups, however, an agent faces many challenges:
- Relying on a group leader to get the correct information out to everyone in the group
- Miscommunication and “he said/she said” about group details
- Maximizing $$ TC’s $$
- Managing, collecting, and securing multiple payments on multiple payment dates
- Reminding everyone of their upcoming payments, insurance deadlines, and more
- Generating additional revenue by promoting insurance, pre and post options, and more
- Keeping client information safe, secure, organized, and readily available.
- Promoting and marketing the group for additional revenue
Groups are also giant time sucks, at least some help from workflows and automation. That’s why we created this 13-page fully editable e-book and group planner. We made it available to the entire travel industry because it’s incredibly important that we get it right, even with our first group. While the definitive “book” on groups in travel is available right here on this site, our e-book tool boils down what we learned to an editable form. It was built by the experts at OutsideAgents.com based on the company’s 30+ years of real-world group experience spanning hundreds of thousands of room and cabin nights! It goes over each aspect of the group trip in detail, so agents have a chance to get their first group right. Nothing is worse for our industry than agents trying to run groups “from the hip” because so many people know about it if anything goes wrong. So, we wanted to do something to help. Combined with solid group training from vendors and hosts, like our award-winning group courses and tools, and strong support and one-on-one mentoring from their hosts, nearly any agent should be able to handle a group. Or, two. As you become successful, though, and start to scale, problems compound and all the sudden, you can’t sleep at night.